This challenge requires you re-using your scrapbook product packaging. Take a look at my Inspiration Ideas below and pick an idea, or create your own way to re-use your packaging. Use the cardboard backing for a tag, the plastic casing of many Heidi Swap packages would make a fantastic memorabilia window or shaker box, or simply reuse the baggies that your flowers came in by putting a small RAK you need to send. You can create anything you like, a craft item, layout, card, let the inspiration free your creative spirit. The best thing, you'll be helping by recycling, therefore, creating less trash, and you'll get more for your money.
Be sure to post your example here with a link of your finished project by April 1st and you'll be entered to win one of my new projects below! If you create more than one item, then your name will be entered for the number of projects you completed. Any of these would make a great addition to your album, home decor or as a Mother's Day present or even a fantastic hostess gift.
So start Scrapcycling today!
Layout-I used the Prima packaging from the adorable polka dot backing from their Say it in Crystals line.
Embellished Window Tin- I used the Maya Road tin that my rub-on's came in and the backing to K&Co's Grand Adhesions packing. This was my first time trying out the Tim Holtz crackling paint. Just add in your photo and it's done.Here are some previous projects I've done along these lines...

Round Tin Collage- I used the round tins that my monthly kit club sent ribbon in.

Altered Prima Flower Box- I used the wooden box that my paper Prima flowers came in and took out the dividers.

Need more inspiration? Check out the Prima blog post here...
A great way to organize reusable packaging is to have a designated recycling bin/tote for future projects. I also have a blue recycling tote under my desk for recycle garbage.
____________________________________________
Recycling common household products as well can add a great element to your art projects.

Need more inspiration? Check out the Prima blog post here...
A great way to organize reusable packaging is to have a designated recycling bin/tote for future projects. I also have a blue recycling tote under my desk for recycle garbage.
____________________________________________
Recycling common household products as well can add a great element to your art projects.
- You can use bread tags to make small tags or embellishments.
- Sometimes I use my husbands old poker cards on layouts.
- Use puzzle pieces from an incomplete puzzle.
- Use Scrabble letters and create a board book from the game board when you lave lost game pieces.
- Use clothing tags.
- I often use old jewelry on my projects.
- Fabric: before you throw away those old jeans or t-shirts, cut out the pockets, buttons, zippers and graphic images to use.
- This Easter save the grass filling to make a bird nest or easter basket on your next project.
- Twist ties can attach buttons, charms, tags, or anything else to a page.
- I make die cuts from old greeting cards.
- Maps and brochures from travel have wonderful information on them or may make a good page background. I once used my Disney World map for the pattern paper on a layout.
- I had saved a couple of the metal lids from frozen juice containers and the round metal pieces from the ends of canned biscuits on my layouts and mini albums.
- Popsicle sticks or old disposable chopsticks are a great embellishment too.
- I use up old pattern paper that I don't think I'll use on a layout and make envelopes with them. I create a coordinating card with the scraps.






1 comment:
Great ideas. I will try to get something done on this challenge if I have time :)
Post a Comment