Happy Holidays!

9/19/08

CHALLENGE LIST

Let's create...

I'm making it easy on you. The challenges can be completed with a layout, altered item, card, whatever, just meet the requirements. Digital and paper as well.

Be sure to post a link of your finished project in the comments section of this post with the number of the challenge. I moderate comments, so you'll see them approved throughout the weekend. All challenge submissions must be submitted no later than Monday September 22nd in order to be considered for a prize. I will announce the winners on Tuesday September 23.

1. Color
Use the following colors to complete a card/layout/craft item.



2. Inspiration layout
Pick an element from this layout and use it on your card/sketch/craft item. It could be the colors, the die cut, the photo layout, the decorative trim, chipboard circle, whatever inspires you to create something.



3. Quotes
Use a scrapbooking quote from my QUOTES page.

4. Stamps
April gave this really cute tag to me at last weeks crop. I just LOVE it!
For this challenge, use your stamps for any project that you are currently working on. If your an avid reader like me, create a bookmark.



5. Scrap that Music
One of my favorite blogs that I like to visit, Scrapping the Music, had one of their designers pass away in a tragic accident last week. So in tribute I would like you to design a layout either dedicated to a lost loved one or using one your favorite songs. Check out their site for some really inspiring work. If you need some new song ideas, then take a look at my play list.



6. Heritage photos
My challenge for you is to pull out those old photo albums and create a layout using an older photo (at least 10 years old). Of course, your page doesn't need to be shabby, you may want to do something fun and funky!



7. Scrap an ad
Thumb through your magazines and pick an ad to scrap. You can be inspired by the layout, colors, whatever, as long as it's one that you like. Be sure to post a picture of the add with your layout.

8. Shape it up
Make that layout a different shape that's not a square/rectangle.
Circles or decorative edge paper is great for this one.

You can put it in your album like that or use it as a home decor item on a shelf/armoire.

I used one of my Bazzill cardstocks with an edge as the template on this paper.



9. Supply challenge
For this challenge I want you to use the following:
chipboard/grungeboard
at least 2 pattern papers
embellishment shapes
buttons
journaling strips or label maker




10. Scraplift or sketch. Grab a layout you've been meaning to scrap lift, cause I know you have a ton, and just do it,

or

pic your favorite sketch and scrap it.

Just be sure to post the original layout/sketch.

32 comments:

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Wow, you have so many to choose from. I see a couple I really want to do. This will get the juices flowing and releve my school stress.

Thanks for having this.

Liz said...

Angelina looks like a blast...
Thanks for doing this

Melissa said...

So organized. I hope to play along. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

GREAT CHALLENGES!
This is going to be so fun!!!

Heidi E. said...

These are awesome Challenges... I can't wait to get them done..Thanks for doing this ♥

Anonymous said...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/skipperling/TheBrokenRoad.jpg

The song is The Broken Road

Ural

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I did the 2 challenges, don't remember which link is here. I did 31 with the colors and then I did #2 the inspiration one i picked the Oliveish green color and the punch. I made them both Birthday Cards.
http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/soccerboyzmom/scan0001.jpg

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/soccerboyzmom/scan0002.jpg

this is the inspiration one.

Tell me if I linked them right.

Amie said...

Hey girl, I'm cropping tonight at my friend Christy's house. I hope to get at least 3 of these done. thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

This is my contribution to Shape It Up. I made this flip book last night while at another crop...Hopefully I will get the 12-15 pictures it can hold from my daughter come Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, cyber-moron here....
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/JanSGarber/HauntedHouseFlipBook.jpg

Anonymous said...

I only have a handfull of stamps, so got out my Xmas present from my daughter for this one! Outdoor Set from CTMH...http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/JanSGarber/AllWhoWander.jpg

Anonymous said...

While leafing through my newest magazine, I found the ad and then couldn't relax until I got back up and scrapped it! Had no idea what I how going to scrap these pictures!!! Thanks for the kick in the behind, Angelina!
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/JanSGarber/AdPage.jpg
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/JanSGarber/ACloseShave.jpg

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for playing! I love to see your stuff. Don't miss out on the new gallery I posted with all your work! http://cybercropgallery.blogspot.com/:) Angelina

Anonymous said...

Can't scrap tomorrow, Hubby coming home after 3 days away in Safford, so made one last ditch effort and spent 30 min (my own occasional rule I set for myself) to throw this music page together. I really didn't have alot of photos printed to pick from... but I'm done, it's been fun!
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/JanSGarber/BangonaDrum.jpg

Heidi E. said...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/azkisses73/img362.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/azkisses73/img437.jpg

and I also posted them on my blog.
http://azkisses73.blogspot.com/

Teresa said...

I did your syamp challenge it is on my blog I used the leaf stamps I bought from Melissa
Thanks Angelina
http://teresa-newlife.blogspot.com/

Heidi E. said...

I made a card using the colors for Project #1

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/azkisses73/img439.jpg

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I just papered a friends album and my embellishments, ribbons, and pictures are packed up. I need to get them out to finish this up

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/soccerboyzmom/scan0003-1.jpg

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I forgot to put that this is for Challenge #8 the odd shaped one

Anonymous said...

After you post your link here, I add it to the cyber crop gallery. So be sure to check it out. Everything looks soooo good.

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I just finished this card by adding the Bling. This is for the Inspiration Challenge #2. The part that got to me were the borders in several colors or they could be ribbon.

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/soccerboyzmom/scan0004-1.jpg

Heidi E. said...

Supply Challenge # 9

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/azkisses73/img440.jpg

Heidi E. said...

# 4 - Stamp

I dont have many stamps so used the best one I had to make a bookmark.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/azkisses73/img441.jpg

Anonymous said...

Color Challenge: Best I could do with 3 service men here for our one year house warranty nonsense!
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/JanSGarber/ColorChallengeCard.jpg

Natalie said...

Here's the links to 2 cards I made for Challenge #1:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G5_ogSbxHcI/SNgTQ67mZMI/AAAAAAAABVU/iXkTXNMgU88/s1600-h/100_0956.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G5_ogSbxHcI/SNgTRfRmzmI/AAAAAAAABVk/wf-7k_5CZh8/s1600-h/100_0963.jpg

If they don't work, let me know. I've started a gallery blog for myself and they are my first entires. :D you inspired me.

Natalie said...

This is my entry for Challenge #5

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G5_ogSbxHcI/SNgTRAGxseI/AAAAAAAABVc/Buckog8Tyrw/s1600-h/100_0958.jpg

Natalie said...

My entry for Challenge #10. I finally finished the sketch challenge posted on SC2C13 a couple of weeks ago. :)

Here's the sketch:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/scrapN_angel/Sketches/121881-490.jpg

Here's my take:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G5_ogSbxHcI/SNgTRq7lojI/AAAAAAAABVs/IQbrV4EBmm0/s1600-h/100_0967.jpg

Natalie said...

I took 12 of the quotes you made, printed them on 5x7 cards and am going to scrap them for my scraproom! I'm so excited! I might not get to them right away (for this challenge) because DH won't let me have my new scrappy supplies until my birthday... but I just wanted you to know how much you've inspired me this weekend! Thanks Angelina! So glad your blog is back in action!

Heidi E. said...

Hey Lady.. This is my Bookmark for the stamp challenge

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/azkisses73/img441.jpg

Thanks Heidi

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry Heidi. I put it in the wrong persons gallery. It should be right now. Thanks for letting me know.

Natalie said...

Here's one of the 12 I'm going to do for challenge #3! :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_G5_ogSbxHcI/SNlf_eMQhqI/AAAAAAAABWE/bp-sPBz_OUE/s1600-h/100_1008.jpg

 

blogger templates | Happy Holidays!