Happy Holidays!

9/19/08

Make 'N Take 3 -Halloween Shadow Box

Halloween Shadow Box

I used this in box that Jan gave me last weekend.





1. I painted it first with the purple with a foam brush. Then I dry brushed the black over it. You can even crackle the sides of it.



2. I added decorative trim to the edges, a wood applique painted black, and glued on the paper. I crumbled the purple paper, inked it and sanded it. The spiderweb paper I burned at the bottom for a distressed edge.



3. I added the pumpkin and leaves at the bottom.



4. The haunted house, fence and tree are all diecuts that I dry brushed black and adhered.


Then embellish and decorate as you wish.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

wow, you are very talented. I would have never thought of the dry brushing of the black or the sanding. You are good.

Natalie said...

This is UNREAL! Girl, you've got a gift! I can't ever see the potential of simple things! You are good!

Anonymous said...

And to think the box was just to hold everything secure in the bag! You are good! I just saw it as a cheap waste of $1 at Target a year ago! I am impressed more every day by you and the other girls in the group. I have sooooo much to learn!

 

blogger templates | Happy Holidays!