Happy Holidays!

10/7/08

Thrifty Decor- DIY Candle Holder

I have always chosen to decorate our home using creative, "thrifty" methods and do most everything myself. I know there are many of you that do the same. Even if you don't, anyone can make this yourself.

I know everyone has an extra glass vase hanging around the house. I love to use mind to hold candles. I actually received an entire box full of them via Freecycle last spring. They've come in pretty handy.

1. Gather some items to fill your vase with. Rocks/beads/sea shells/silk flowers anything with fall colors.
2. Clean out your vase so it's sparkling.
3. I just layered each item, starting with the rocks since they were the heaviest, added flowers, beads and more flowers on top.
4. Tie ribbon around the middle. Add a decorative charm to the center of the ribbon (forgot to add mine before I took the pics).
5. Burn your candle with a lighter at the bottom so that it will stick in securely and not fall over.
6. You can add rub ons to the vase as well, with swirls, words, whatever strikes you.
7. Take a photo of it, because I'd love to see your version.

Have fun!




Thrifty places to shop besides the obvious thrift stores...

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Happy Holidays!