Happy Holidays!

1/9/09

Home decor

My aunt gave me this beautiful antique table and chairs along with a china cabinet recently. The chairs had the original fabric on them and they were a bit worn, so I pulled out one of my extra curtain sets and recovered them. The after pic hardly does the color of the fabric justice.

What do you think?

Before


After


You can hardly see the table from this holiday pic, but it shows enough of the deep rich wood. She suggested painting it a nice ivory color, but I really like the warmth of the wood, I would hate to destroy the quality. The China cabinet fits perfectly in a built in niche, I'll post pics down the road as soon as I can get hubby to get my grandma's China out of the attic.



I'll be posting pics of my teen daughter's room soon. We had such a blast completing it.

4 comments:

Heidi E. said...

The chair turned out great.. Was it easy to recover it? Can't wait to see what you do with your Daughters room. I so wish I was as talented as you when it came to designing. I still am totally envious of your scrap room.. Im still working on mine.. Once done Ill post pics :)

Amie said...

you are so clever!

In the blink of an eye said...

I need help recovering my chairs but I have to get the foam first.

Liz said...

You can have your own t.v. program.. They were showing some guy making a living off Utube you should look into it.. I know you'd have a big audience.

 

blogger templates | Happy Holidays!