Happy Holidays!

2/20/09

New items in my Studio

New Sewing Machine Dust Cover



This was one of my first projects I did with my new sewing machine I got for Christmas. I used quarter pieces and one of the kids old baby blankets. It's reversable too. Wow, I never knew sewing could be so easy. I haven't done much since my home ec class in junior high. I just pretty much winged it and didn't follow any directions, but here is a good tutorial for a dust cover. I also created some pillows to coordinate in the living room. Next I'm going to make a simple rag quilt. If anyone knows of any fun sewing projects or resources, please let me know.

New MagazinePaper boxes



The CH ones were just too flimsy for my uses, so I altered used priority boxes from my monthly kit club. I used a CH one as my template. Free and much prettier, plus I'm keeping them out of the dump. I have several more not in the picture.

Vintage movie camera



Yippeee! Another freecycle find. I'm going to paint it black and silver. I'll post the after as soon as I get the project completed.

4 comments:

Yoli said...

Love the old movie project. Wish I had more space in my sb room for something like that. Regarding the mgzne holders, what kind of adhesive did you use?

angelina said...

Thanks Yoli! I started with my xyron 900, and that worked great, but then I didn't want to use it all up, so I moved on to Mod Podge. If you don't have that, then just mix glue and water in a bowl with equal parts.

Amie said...

wow that old movie camera is cool!

Liz said...

Very cool projects.. A lady with many talents

 

blogger templates | Happy Holidays!