Happy Holidays!

3/16/09

Creative Quest







7146 North 57th Dr.
Glendale, AZ 85301
Need a map?
(623) 847-2215
Thecreativequest@cox.net

Hours of Operation:

Monday 11am-3pm
Tuesday 10am-5pm
Wednesday 10am-5pm
Thursday 10am-7pm
Friday 12pm-5pm
Saturday 10am-5pm
Closed Sundays

Those of you that have been following my work for a while, might remember an altered book that I created for my mother-in-law. If not, you can see some of my pages below. It was Melanie's book that inspired me. I used to work with her at another LSS. She has been teaching at Creative Quest for a while now. This is a must see store. I have to say, it is one of my favorite local scrap stores. Well, they aren't really about scrapbooking exactly, or just not that, I should say. They are a paper crafting store that is a bit more on the artsy side. They go beyond than just slapping photos on a page, they help you create true art. Their classes offer a wide range of projects and altered art techniques, including albums, home made books, card making, cigar-box purses, baskets, watercolor inks and so much more. The best part, they offer the latest and greatest products.

Melanie is teaching an altered book class that is $35 the first class and $25 thereafter. It is the last Friday of the month. I believe it is ongoing, you can join in anytime and you can stop at anytime, but call to be sure. If you haven't taken a class with Melanie before, don't miss out! She makes the classes super easy and anyone at any level can easily follow along.


These are some pages from the first book I made.





Here is a list of their current March/April classes. They do offer to reserve the room for private parties, however, they don't do regularly scheduled crops.

If you stop by, let me know how you like it and don't forget to grab some delish Pete's Fish and Chips while you are in the antique district.

2 comments:

In the blink of an eye said...

I have been in there several times more stamping and supplys then scrapbooking thats for sure!

April Hall said...

I LOVE CQ! They have some of the neatest stuff there!!!!!!

 

blogger templates | Happy Holidays!